My Digital Gallery 2012

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Rain, muses and a LO - we got it all!

I love the rain; the fresh,clean smell, the sound on the roof while snuggled in bed, and the feel of it on my face (only because we haven't had any for a while and it feels good! I'm sure the novelty will wear off once I have to unload all three kids in it!) It's rained here most of yesterday, most of the night and is meant to continue today. We need it, so keep it coming!
Yesterday was Christopher's last ever day of Kinder. My first born is going to school next year! I have mixed feelings about it, as I'm sure every parent has! His excitement is contagious, so I'm sharing his joy. I worry about bullies - he's a sweet natured kid who wears his heart on his sleeve and he wears glasses - will that make him a target? It's an adjustment for me that my baby is growing up and might not need me so much any more. And I'm excited at the prospect of just having the two little ones at home - I think it will be good for Ben to do his own thing as he follows Christopher most of the time when they play, and Christopher is quick to tell him he's doing it wrong (which means he's not doing it Christopher's way!) And it'll mean more time for Rachel too with more time to do stuff at her level. I booked tickets for the Playgroup Concert in March next year - something Ben and Rachel will enjoy. I will have to try very hard to not cry when I leave him in his class room the first day, but it'll be a mix of pride and sadness and excitement as he enters this next stage of his life. I'm honoured to be a part of it and I look forward to watching him grow and learn and see more of the man he'll become. Big times ahead!
I'm off to Twilight this afternoon - lunch beforehand and Goldclass tickets - how spoilt am I! My sister in law saw it yesterday and was a little disappointed; but I'm going there with an open mind. I'II give you my review later!
Here's a LO I did of the kids yearly photo with Santa. Rachel leaned in for a cuddle, but she wouldn't smile! And check out the boys - trying to get on Santa's good side by sitting up straight with hands in their laps and 'butter wouldn't melt in our mouths' smiles!!!! Very cute though!

I have used Candied Christmas by Brianna Cox of Scrap'it designs, available at the Snap and Scrap Shoppe.

No comments: